Fariston Christian Church dates from around 1893 when revival led to occasional Saturday night meeting, then services at a local school house. The first recorded members were in 1894. The congregation acquired the current property in 1896 and completed its first building in 1898. The first building was replaced with the existing structure in 1957.
- Sunday School
- Sunday Morning Service is patterned after the Apostle's teaching in the New Testament (Acts 2:42) and we are currently preaching a series of sermons through the Gospel of John.
- Sunday Evening Service is currently a comprehensive study on the book of Revelation.
- Wednesday Evening Bible Study is currently a comprehensive study on the Life of Jesus Christ.
"We exist to: Evangelize, Edify, Encourage, Minister to those in need, and be a Conscience in the community."
To become fully devoted followers of Christ and therefore make a positive and eternal difference in our community and in our world.
We believe that we should let the Bible determine the plan of salvation, not the ideas of men.
- Romans 10:17, So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.
- Hebrews 11:6,
But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to
God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who
diligently seek Him.
Luke 13:3, “I tell you, no; but unless you repent you will all likewise perish.
That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your
heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
- Acts 2:38, Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
I Corinthians 15:58,
Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always
abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in
vain in the Lord.
Evangelist: Barry Farris and elders: Buddy Barker and John Cornett